Magnetic Hematite Healing Bracelets

By LanaPA Latest Activity July 16, 2012 at 12:27 pm Views 6,477 Replies 12 Likes 3

Lana

I have a friend who swears by these bracelets although I am a skeptic. However, despite my skepticism, I purchased one because I figured I had nothing to lose except a few dollars. I have worn it for a few days and in all honestly, I am not sure whether I have seen benefits. I make good health choices daily and living with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, I have good days and I have bad ones so I cannot necessarily point to this relief as being from bracelets. Further, because I am a skeptic, I think any results might be a case of mind over matter with the mind influencing the body to respond a certain way.

The benefit of these bracelets is based on the notion that magnets have a positive effect on living tissues. According to some researchers, magnetic healing bracelets can help to reduce hip and knee pain. Some theorists believe that the magnetic field facilitates the production of natural analgesics, endorphins and melatonin in the body. This helps to improve blood circulation, promote healing and reduce pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety and even stomach issues.

There are several other theories on how magnets help to heal the body. All point to the notion that magnets work to promote the body’s multiple systems and functions.

Have you tried a Magnetic Hematite Bracelet or another magnet type bracelet? Did you see a benefit from using it or do you just chalk up (as I do) good results to other medicine and good health decisions on your part or even mind over matter?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (12 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Crazy Jane
    Crazy Jane July 26, 2012 at 7:12 pm   

Before my back surgery I was still waitressing. I used to get the big squares of solid magnets, velcro on the flip side. I swore by them. I'd cut big pieces and put one on each side of the damged spine. I swear between the magnets and MSM, I felt pretty good.

• Crazy Jane
    Crazy Jane July 26, 2012 at 7:11 pm   

Before my back surgery I was still waitressing. I used to get the big squares of solid magnets, velcro on the flip side. I swore by them. I'd cut big pieces and put one on each side of the damged spine. I swear between the magnets and MSM, I felt pretty good.

• SassyKatt
    SassyKatt July 21, 2012 at 4:57 pm   

I usually buy the ones in athletic depts for golfers, etc. They have a higher magnets & work better. The cheaper ones where they have 2 magnets, one at each end of the bracelet, don't work as well for me. The athletic brands have a higher content of magnets spread out all the way around the bracelet. Honestly, I have slept with wrist supports from doctors or therapists and still woke up all night with numbness in my hand. I had an older & wise friend who told me to try magnets or copper bracelets. Tried it since I had nothing to lose. Now I wear them 24 hr a day. I only wake up with a numb wrist if I sleep in a werid position. It truly helps the pain. The RA has damaged my hands & some of my fingers & both thumbs especially are crooked. Then there is the redness. I only wear the bracelet on my left hand 24/7. My right hand since surgery isn't as bad. I only wear a bracelet when I'm having problems or lots of pain.

• redorangedog
    redorangedog July 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm   

you might enjoy the writings of Mesmer, father of magnetism. Red

• SassyKatt
    SassyKatt July 20, 2012 at 6:14 am   

In response to the magnetic bracelets…I wear one everyday. It is the only way I can sleep without waking up with numb hands. I was absolutely amazed when I started wearing one to work. It helps with inflamation & pain. I had carpal tunnel in both hands when I first started wearing them. Even though I had the carpal tunnel release on the right hand, I have fractured my wrist 3 times, elbow oncce & broken my hand once, so I had I have alot of pain in my hand & arm…the magnets & copper bracelets help tremendously. I haven't tried wearing magnets anywhere else though.

• Lana
    LanaPA July 20, 2012 at 7:13 am   

Is there a specific brand/type you use?

• Jill N
    Jill N July 19, 2012 at 8:09 pm   

didnt do anything for me either—neither did copper

• Sincere73
    Sincere73 July 18, 2012 at 6:52 am   

I bought one in Jan of this year really didn't see a difference so in May I stopped wearing it.

• SEROLOD
    SEROLOD July 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm   

I have read that it is believed that wearing magnets increases the blood’s ion content Our cells need a good supply of oxygen to function at their optimum level. The magnets cause our body’s natural pain killers, stress relievers to kick in , this in turn promotes good sleep. We all feel better when we get a good night's sleep.

It could also be because the acupressure points where the magnets are located on the bracelets, are the same ones acupuncturists use to treat pain, headaches, stress, insomnia and digestive problems. I used acupunture for several months last year while my Rheumy got my med combo worked out. It's weird how those needles work- yet I did find it to help tremendously.

I have also seen magnetic sports wraps for various parts of the body. Now it may just be that people are wrapping their injured parts not so much the magnets. Who really knows - however if it makes a person feel some relief, what's the harm?

Beinging that the subject came up, my knee is bothering me, & since my husband misplaced my knee brace, I'm going to price the magnetic wraps tomorrow. Will also look into a bracelet - Why not - I've been good, have not shopped in 2 wks.
    I will keep you posted.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 July 17, 2012 at 2:06 am   

I had a necklace and it did nothing for me, at all. It was cold, then one day, it just broke, and little beads went all over the floor, I tried to pick them up, but it was too many. I did get up most of them, I didn't want anyone falling because of my healing necklace.
    I won't purchase any more of these. Some are made to look cute, they have hearts on them, and different things- I just wasn't happy with mine; especially when it broke, and it seemed like a thousand beads were all over the floor, although I really know it wasn't that many. It just seemed that way, b/c I was trying to get all them up, and I was standing in line, when this happened.

• Nana Rachall
    Nana Rachall July 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm   

Me and the hubby will have a discussion on things to help me feel better
    Then I open my iPad and there you are asking about our topic. We want t try it. Please share if you have and if it did or did not work. Where do you go to find them.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 July 17, 2012 at 2:07 am   

It didn't work for me, and I wore it daily for about 6 months.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar