What Kinds of Doctors Evaluate and Treat Knee Problems?

By nih.gov — From nih.gov Published at October 10, 2011 Views 2,355

After an examination by your primary care doctor, he or she may refer you to a rheumatologist, an orthopaedic surgeon, or both.

A rheumatologist specializes in nonsurgical treatment of arthritis and other rheumatic diseases.

An orthopaedic surgeon, or orthopaedist, specializes in nonsurgical and surgical treatment of bones, joints, and soft tissues such as ligaments, tendons, and muscles.

Read the full article at nih.gov Bullet-go

  • Report Report as inappropriate
  • Share
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Comments (No comments)

Add your comment Reply Down
Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar