Hydrocodone

By nr1946 Latest Activity May 13 at 11:10 am Views 661 Replies 1 Likes 1

nr1946

For the last 10 years I have been taking hydrocodone for my arthritis. It works. I can use my hands. I can turn in bed at night. I can bend over and do housework. Lots of wonderful things that I cannot do without it. I have tried Celebrex, Meloxicam, Tramadol, Gabapentin and all the over the counter meds. I cannot take Nsaids. Now the government has stepped up its controls and I have 2 doctors telling me different things. My Internist says I cannot take it any longer and is cutting me down monthly to eventually have none. My rheumatologist says that due to all my xrays and conditions I fall within the 60 % that will still be allowed to take it. Who is lying? He was going to take care of me but my Internist told him she would manage my health and she is taking me off my medication that works. So who is lying? Does anyone else know anything about this so called 60%? I am changing Internists but I want to know if the rheumatologist is lying as well. Who can I trust and is there anything else I can take? I hate the idea of living the rest of my live in pain. I have more than arthritis. I have severe degenerative disc disease and my neck is deteriorated to the point I should have surgery. I am 72 and I just want to be able to move and walk until I die. I dont want to feel like I cannot handle life anymore. Does anyone have any ideas here or information?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • ceja
    ceja July 6 at 2:36 pm   

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS, I CDAN'T TAKE ARTHRITIS MEDS DO TO KIDNEY DIEASE AND NOW BECAUSE I TAKE MY PAIN MEDS AS NEEDED NOT ALWAYS WHAT IS PRESCRIBED I CAN'T GE A REFILL CAUSE THE GOVERMENT SAYS I DON'T NEED IT BECAUSE I DON'T JUST LIVE ON IT. I FALL DOWN ALOT DUE TO THE BACK PROBLEMS I HAVE BUT THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar