How do I know what type of arthritis I have?

By foot pain from heel spur Latest Activity November 9 at 6:28 pm Views 72

foot pain from heel spur

I am new to this so I am not sure where to begin. I have foot problems, I have had pain in my hip and other joints and in my back. Most recently I was in horrible pain (left ankle) after working (I am a server at a steakhouse) I stepped down and it felt like something broke or gave way in my left ankle, after this it was almost impossible to put weight on that foot. I went to urgent care the next day and after being ex-rayed the PA said I had a huge heel spur and that was causing my tendons to cause me pain and that I had plantar fasciitis. She prescribed me with mobic and a diclofenac gel and suggested I purchase insoles that were specifically for plantar fasciitis, she also gave me some stretches to do. So I sucked it up and continued to walk in pain, I bought the inserts for my shoes and did all the stretches and used the gel and took the Mobic daily. I got some relief, then a week later the radiologist saw my x-ray and called me to say I had a medial malleolus fracture. So I got fitted with a boot and an ankle brace to graduate to as I healed. Well 6 weeks later I am supposedly "healed" but still in pain. I wear the ankle brace to work and continue to use the diclofenac and do the stretches every day. I am not sure what else to do but I just stay off my feet as much as possible. I just don't think I have plantar fasciitis but in fact the ankle pain is from walking in a way, because of the spur, that is messing up my ankle (subconsciously). I have tried to get an appointment with a podiatrist but my dr. is taking her time with my referral. I am just tired of being in pain. Does anyone have a similar experience?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (No replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar