Itching

By chigrl49 Latest Activity July 15, 2010 at 8:46 pm Views 3,329 Replies 14 Likes 4

chigrl49

Hey all,

I have a new sympton that has recently started in the areas where I have my most serious arthritis. My hands and feet have started to itch-deep down. There is also the swelling, but the itching is something new. Anyone ever have itching? Also, something else new, my hands and arms and feet-ankles several times a day and the hands more frequently are like a needle and pin feeling.

Any thoughts?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (14 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • moo ma
    moo ma July 15 at 9:23 pm   

PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH…The itching problem can be solved with GARLIC/ONION CREAM. You don't buy it, you make it by steaming garlic and onion, mash until paste and slowly add a moisturizer cream and beat until smooth. This has been a skin saver for 10 years for me.

• valentine lady
    valentine lady February 4, 2012 at 3:02 pm   

I get itching and I put CARONA, a heavy cream on it. The Reumatologist told me he could give me a 'script for expensive cream, but this works just as good. I must admit, it does. It's about $6.00 a jar and I use a hospital glove to apply it with. It's thick but soaks in quickly. I get mine around my throat area, don't ask me why but he said arthritis ans diabetes can both cause it. Which I have both.
    Try some and let me know how it works, Hugs to you, Valentine Lady

• fldamato
    fldamato May 30, 2011 at 2:37 am   

I hope you are going to a rheumotoligist, who can adequately diagnoise this itching. In the meantime use soothing cream and don't scratch.

• marieanne
    marieanne May 29, 2011 at 5:14 pm   

ITCHING- this could be an allergy, any new medicines? Sometimes when ur allergic
    you will get this reaction- hugs, marieanne P.S. Just saw ur post today.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 March 23, 2011 at 3:18 am   

Sounds like carpal tunnel, and the other that you get in the feet. It stats with a T, I am too tired rigth know to think. It could be from diabetes, you need to see a doctor. It sounds like the same things that go with diabetes, and a few other things. A neuro doctor could tell you, and your regular doctor could send you.

• oaktreehouse4
    oaktreehouse4 February 17, 2011 at 4:45 am   

I had knee surgery in Dec twice. I am now finding the back of my right knee itches. I am using a chafe cream, powder, and some times a otc itch cream. Thanks for posting. I hope it is not anything else to do with your nerves.

• SGLiggett
    SGLiggett August 31, 2010 at 8:47 pm   

When the nerves in my leg started to grow back together, I had good luck with that using a diabetic drug called lyricia.

• oaktreehouse4
    oaktreehouse4 February 17, 2011 at 4:48 am   

Lyrica and Neuraton Miisspelled. They were poison to me. I became depressed and Lyrica affected my eye site. I am having good results with Cymbalta. All the best. Joalice

• roger1000
    roger1000 August 30, 2010 at 3:55 am   

Hi, I'm new to the site also. I have horrible itching on the top of my toes and feet. It is mainly at night, when my feet get warm under the covers and it is usually happens when the weather turns cooler. Calamine lotion helps, but I want to find out what it is. My doctor doesn't know.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 March 23, 2011 at 3:19 am   

Have you been checked for diabetes? If that is ruled out, I would go to a neuro doctor, and find out.

• oaktreehouse4
    oaktreehouse4 February 17, 2011 at 4:46 am   

My husband and I have separate bed linen because of my feet getting warm at night. I just stick them out of the covers until they get cold. lol. Also being menopausal this helped with hot flashes which thank god have been very very mild. All the best. Joalice

• the brucer
    the brucer August 29, 2010 at 6:04 pm   

yea i get that itching on the top of my feet all the time, seams like u scratch forever,ive scratch to i bleed sometimes. try aloa the jell u use for sun burn. i keep it in the frige, really helps

• serenityvee
    serenityvee July 16, 2010 at 2:58 am   

Hello, I am new to the site. I too have this itching…don't know exactly what it is, I thought that it may be from my diabetes, as I assumed this is a symptom. It is very irritating at times, so I either rub alcohol on where it is itching or my spearmint lotion which gives me some temporary relief.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 March 23, 2011 at 3:21 am   

Alcohol can be drying you out. Use lotion, but not between your toes. It most likely is from the diabetes. Mine is that way.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar