How is your summer going?

By marieanne Latest Activity June 5, 2012 at 12:39 am Views 6,079 Replies 5 Likes 3

marieanne

Tell us about your summer-
hows the weather this year?
Have you traveled anywhere?
Had company from out of town?
Go anywhere special to you?

The best part of your summer.
The not so good parts.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • djhangelwings
    djhangelwings August 27, 2012 at 10:05 pm   

My summer oh what a summer, in my recliner ! I'm so sick and tired of not being able to do any thing I could scream! If I do anything at all out of my usual day I'm in horrible pain by the end of the day if not sooner.

• debbie deb's
    debbie deb's June 10, 2012 at 3:31 am   

I went to Cyprus in April with a best friend my partner paid for me to go as he said I needed a break away from feeling rough most of the time. The weather was fab I didn't use my stick until I got back to England and the rain. I lack vitamin D but I got lots while away I've not been too bad since I got home but this weekend the pain has hit me bad. :( So last night I had a look for a site to see how others cope with the same problem a myself. I'm 37 this year but I feel a lot older some days so tired and moody days too. I am looking forward to talking to others that have the same problem. I have this Osteoarthritis due to having Crohn's Disease for 7years and a bag for life.

• TrishPH
    TrishPH June 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm   

I have been to Williamsburg and Hilton Head so far. Next is another dreaded surgery but I try to keep myself busy. Next projects: painting both bathrooms and putting in a new liner in the pool with help. I need to exercise in water which helps me the most.

• kate-the-country-girl
    kate-the-country-girl June 5, 2012 at 7:04 am   

Summer is going good! I always love swimming and it works well with my pain so that's what I'll be doing most of the time. It's been hot here so I've already been some.

• re1ndeer
    re1ndeer June 5, 2012 at 1:49 am   

Well, for me summer isn't here quite yet. We have till June 20.

Weather has been all over the board, we have 92 one day and 65 the next.

Haven't traveled this year, and when I do it will be locally, as gas here in the midwest is still running a little high. (at this time : $3.69 gal.)

The best part of my summer will be watching my garden, and then harvesting the products that come from them.

The not so good parts are rainy days, lots of pain, and bugs (I hate bugs)

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar