More stories of our dear furbabies

By marieanne Latest Activity May 20, 2012 at 9:29 am Views 7,886 Replies 15 Likes 2

marieanne

More stories for us about all our Pets. I love reading these. :)
You can also post here stories of animals in your neighborhood;
other peoples pets, etc. These Pet stories make my heart sing!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (15 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • marieanne
    marieanne August 22, 2012 at 1:50 pm   

Hi Dear Friends, I am going to put this here in hopes that all will see it.
    It is a recall (should be) of dog treats & pet foods from China. These have caused some horrible deaths, even in very young dogs. please do check your supply &
    avoid any from China. I don't have an exact name but signed a petition
    today calling on our FDA to stop this import of these products & have read the
    stories of how these dogs died withing days of eating them. There is also
    a recall of Pedigree dog food due to a manufacturing error leaving bits of
    plastic in the food. Please check with Kittenpurr to find which ones this
    includes. Thank you & best to you all. Hugs, marieanne

• marieanne
    marieanne July 29, 2012 at 2:27 am   

What a neat story! Thanks for sharing it. I have 3 dogs & 4 cats (all rescues)
    that bring me endless comfort & joy. The rescued ones are the most loyal.
    I am thankful that I get a lot of help taking care of them. I too believe that
    the good Lord brings them to us as I believe that he knows who will love
    them & take good care of them. Keep up the good work! Hugs, marieanne
    P.S. I have some of my pets in my pics if you'd like to see them.

• SassyKatt
    SassyKatt July 28, 2012 at 11:12 pm   

Wonderful topic! Pets make your days so much more enjoyable especially on those bad days! I have taken in 2 stray cats. I found Zoie, a tuxedo, about 5 years ago & she was thin & pregnant. She was litter box trained so I believe she was a runaway & because of her behavior, I believe she was abused. It took 1 year for her to allow me to pet her head. She was so skiddish & jumpy. Now she is very trusting. I found homes for her 4 kittens. Recently, after moving 7 hrs away from friends & family & being down in the dumps, I found a stray 1 month old kitten. Way to young to be discarded. I truly believe that GOD or an angel had a hand in this one. He is a hoot! He is a Manx & is orange & white. I named him Garfield because of his awesome & funny personality. He loves Italian food. He cheers me up everyday. Perhaps he is the angel. :o)

• mickeycat
    mickeycat July 15, 2012 at 10:20 pm   

I have several rescues but mitten is my favorite. He can sense when I'm off work and having a bad pain day he stays right by my side

• marieanne
    marieanne July 29, 2012 at 2:29 am   

Hi Mickeycat, way to go on helping with the rescues, they need more
    people that care. They do know when we don't feel good & try to
    be there to comfort us. :) Hugs, marieanne

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 July 29, 2012 at 7:11 pm   

How true.

• TrishPH
    TrishPH May 30, 2012 at 12:38 am   

I have a dog, Pepper part pointer and broader collie. I also have a cat, Cassie part calico and Siamese. Both were kind of rescues. My cat was ferrel and I had to train her to trust. My dog was given to me by a lady who had a litter of puppies and could not care for them. They are both sweet and adorable plus have their own unique personalities. That is what mades them so special to me. My family spoils them both. They are very lucky! My hubby always says: they run the house and we are their servants. In a loving way of course.

• marieanne
    marieanne May 31, 2012 at 10:20 am   

Hi Dear1, & thank you for your post here! :) Animals mean so much to us
    & they truly give so much comfort. That's pretty amazing to be able to
    help a feral cat to become more trusting, way to go! I know personally
    that- that is not an easy thing to do. I commend you for taking these in
    & making them part of what sounds like a very loving Family. Hugs, marieanne

• marieanne
    marieanne May 23, 2012 at 1:05 am   

Hi Dear Kativy, I am glad to hear that you have pets- doesn't really matter if they are the furry kind or the feathered kind as long as they bring you joy.
    Thanks for sharing your story here, I love reading these. :) Hugs, marieanne

• Kativy
    Kativy May 22, 2012 at 7:22 pm   

I have two adorable birds. Not quite as loving as kittens, but they do bring me happiness. Every morning they squawk and stretch their wings when I say "good morning". In addition to arthritis, I am allergic to cats and dogs. Birds are a surprisingly good pet option!

• SassyKatt
    SassyKatt July 28, 2012 at 11:14 pm   

Awesome! Birds are wonderful creatures.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 July 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm   

I used to have birds; my system won't allow it anymore, and it's getting worse with the cats and dogs that I have, but they aren't going anywhere. I have decided to just not get anymore when they pass on. I have some very loyal animals.

• tyedie 1
    tyedie 1 May 31, 2012 at 5:41 pm   

I have two birds also who talk words like good morning and what is up. And make my day with their love and squawks. They do make good pet options.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar