Some of your favorite places to go-

By marieanne Latest Activity May 18, 2012 at 11:41 pm Views 7,193 Replies 15 Likes 1

marieanne

This can be states, restaurants, cultural places, any place you like to go.
Just something different & fun.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (15 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • lovemy12baby
    lovemy12baby June 3, 2012 at 12:26 am   

Playing mini golf up north in new Hampshire I totally love. I also fell in love with Breckinridge Colorado so beautiful and people are so nice and sweet

• marieanne
    marieanne June 4, 2012 at 8:31 pm   

Thank you lovemy12baby & it's always good to see you here. :) Colorado is a beautiful state, I have been there. I have a Uncle who lives in the mountains there- we call him mountain man. Wyoming is also a beautiful place to visit.
    Hugs, marieanne

• squog master
    squog master May 27, 2012 at 1:50 am   

One of my favorite places to be is on the baseball field coaching the kids in my town. I did this for 34 straight seasons before the emergency hernia surgery put me on the DL. I've missed the last 3 seasons. But now that I've been released from the surgeon I'm easing back into it by helping with our 8yr old tournament team.

Our 1st tourney is always Memorial Day weekend. yesterday we had 2 games & won them both. The 1st game we came from behind 2-0 to win it 3-2. We scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th inning to go ahead. Then in the top of the 6th we got out of a bases loaded jam by catching 2 pop ups & making a bases loaded force out at home plate. I just love being there! I'm sooooo glad to be back.

• myChazown
    myChazown May 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm   

It's late May in Ireland. In Dublin I love to go to St Stephens green lay in the sun a bit and read a book or watch (help) the tourist.

• TrishPH
    TrishPH May 25, 2012 at 10:20 pm   

I like to visit several places. They are Arizona, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, and California. I like warmth, blues skies, blue waters, desert, and mountains.

• Lana
    Lana May 21, 2012 at 9:38 am   

I often visit Amish Country which consists of several counties of my state (Ohio). I love the culture, the people, the attractions and food. Mostly, I appreicate their simple way of life. I often wish that I could have a simple way of life but that is nearly impossilble in this day and age especially when you were never a part of that.

• marieanne
    marieanne May 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm   

Thanks Lana, I think that the Amish people are really neat people & their
    way of life is very fascinating because of it's purity & simplicity. Although
    I have not ever visited their colonies, I have seen them around. I think
    it would be quite the beautiful experience to see the places where they
    live. I can easily see where you might have the thought about living this
    simpler life, as I have had that thought myself. I have also had the thought
    (dream) to live out my life in a cabin in the woods with animals all around
    me. I can dream but that's about all it is, the animals would have this
    broken lady for a meal. LOL Imagining it is fun though. Hugs, marieanne

• conmer
    conmer May 21, 2012 at 9:54 am   

Yes, Lana, I agree. I am so pleased to be a part of their lives. they are simple,hard working, love the Lord and are very wonderful people to be friends with. We took them to be with family at New Hope for the Ascension Day celebration and then took them to a viewing in home. You may see 50 wagons there and at their weddings their may be 300 people and is an all day event. From 930 am till 10pm. they eat 3 times a day there. During the wedding as many as 5 Bishops may have a sermon during the wedding day. There are huge tents outside, their barns are super clean for the day as the opening of gifts may happen there and it is so clean u can eat off the floor. it is very simply decorated.
    Yes, I would love to go to Hawaii also but it is so commercialized now. I hope u get to visit your friend who lives ther now valentine Lady. Well, must get off here as I am going to pick up my Amish friends to go get flowers for his shop. have a great day everyone and think only good things,honest and pure to keep u uplifted during your bad days. love to all, Connie

• valentine lady
    valentine lady May 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm   
    Edited May 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm by valentine lady

My favorite place to go would be Hawaii. I was born and raised there and I would love to go back. I have a friend on Diabetes Connect who lives there. I would love to visit her and meet her in person. I hope to go back soon.

• squog master
    squog master May 27, 2012 at 1:38 am   

I think I have that same friend.

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess May 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm   

Caribbean

• kimcavett
    kimcavett May 19, 2012 at 9:36 am   

When we can, my boyfriend and I go to the Native American Powwows.It brings me back to earth and helps me to remember where we all came from. No matter what nationality we are.

• marieanne
    marieanne May 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm   

Hi Dear kimcavett, I think this would be neat to see. I would like to someday see
    one of these. My Dad was Native American & he used to take my Sister to see them. Thanks for posting here, it brings back good memories of my Dad. Hugs,
    marieanne

• Turtlewoman
    Turtlewoman May 22, 2012 at 7:16 pm   

Me too… Me and my animals, a cabin in a beautiful place. I too think that my Animals might have to end up eating me. I am afraid my tired, hurting, body would give out way before theirs would. But, hey. If I were dead already at least I would be doing one last thing for them lol

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar