Prayer for those with Chronic Pain

By Tina & Fibromyalgia Latest Activity April 23, 2012 at 7:42 pm Views 2,739 Replies 6 Likes 7

Tina & Fibromyalgia

Hi everyone - I just discovered this site. Wow! I'm definitely going to share it on my FB pages and blog!

I posted this on my blog a few months ago and i thought I'd share it. One of the things I've found as I battle chronic pain, severe headaches and Fibromyalgia is that staying Positive is extremely important. We've all been through times when it would be nice to have the support of family and friends - they are either "unbelieving" or don't know how to help their family/friends that are suffering. Sometimes all they can do is Pray for them.

Maybe this will help you or a friend you know has Chronic Pain.

How to Pray for a friend with Chronic Pain:
I have a new friend on Facebook. Like me she has Fibromyalgia and is struggling on a daily basis. She has an implanted pain pump and is in constant pain from muscle spasms and the other symptoms that are included in what is known as Fibromyalgia.

Recently I visited with a Dr Kamran Chaudhary from Chicago who specializes in holistic pain relief and has a new device (P-Stim) that he and a very few other doctors are testing to help relieve pain in those with Chronic Pain illnesses (think migraines, Fibromyalgia, other arthritis', etc). Unfortunately there aren't any doctors here in the Omaha area participating in this trial - I plan on sharing this information with my Chiropractor so he can research it and see if it's something that he can use in the Accupuncture side of his business.

Anyway, Karen says "I am willing to do just about anything. I have a implanted pain pump and my ntire body wretches w throbbing debilitating pain. If i wuznt a christian i would have prob commited the big !!! Am praying for deliverance."

I'm reading a book right now by Lisa Osteen Comes titled: "You Are Made for More!" and I shared a couple of small passages with Karen that hopefully will encourage her and build her up as she battles pain:

Matt 11:28 says "Come to me, all who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest." and in Psalm 23 "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no danger because you are with me. Your rod and staff - they protect me." Think of how the rod is a symbol of authority (not necessarily as a rod for discipline) and the staff is a symbol of support. God has complete authority over you and no one and nothing can harm you (yes I know there is pain) or take you from him. He will support you and HOLD YOU UP in the valley. (verses are from the Common English Bible Translation)

If you have a friend or family member that is fighting cancer, chronic pain or any other medical needs please pray specifically for:
- Pain relief;
- Endurance through treatments, appointments and serious exhaustion;
- Financial stamina. They are trying to wade through insurance, sky rocketing bills, grants and
just trying to make ends meet.
- The doctors that are trying to alleviate symptoms, find the right medications and just trying to
understand what's happening with an illness they may not be familiar with.

Thanks so much!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (6 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • babyhawaii
    babyhawaii October 26 at 8:51 pm   

thanks for sharing this.I needed this so much.God bless you!!

• Sheri26
    Sheri26 June 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm   
    Edited June 15, 2012 at 7:50 pm by Sheri26

I too have fibromyalgia and arthristis, I have been on many medicines, most leave you feeling out of it, not yourself. Worst one for me was Lyrica- I was in a fog, could not remember anything, dont take it. My chiropractor recommends taking 250mg in morn, and evening of magnesium ( it's a vitaimin, wont hurt you), he also recommends relaxing in a bathtub of Epson Salt, about one cup. I buy Epson salts by the case, it's cheaper at the dollar store here. So relaxing and it helps with the pain, I would not make it through the day with out my magnesium and Epson Salts. Good luck.

• Bestema2468
    Bestema2468 April 29, 2012 at 12:07 am   

I have fibromyligia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and am suffering everyday with both. The fatigue has got me so tired that I can't seem to get anything done, exspecially my homework for college. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for the fatigue? Thanks

• Hopieland
    Hopieland May 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm   

Hi Best! You've found two great places to find comfort, friends in support and encouraging words: Here and that awesome book of great words of LIFE… the Bible (which means The Book). Anyway, glad you're here and welcome. An older friend of mine, Violet, had CFS (Chronic Fatique Syndrome) and would often spend much of a 24 hrs in bed asleep. She had good days and some not so good, as you probably do, but she always had a cheerful ATTITUDE. Attitude is our best helper some days. When we're tired physically and/or emotionally, it's so easy to slide into any or all of the negative side of our perspective on life. I'm not an advocate of merely using "positive thinking: but I do promote training ourselves to resist negative thots as they will pull us down every time. Negative all by itself can create health problems. So… do all you are able to do to make yourself look for something good in your day, you life, your whatever. I know when I'm tired, it's difficult to think at all, and that's when my mind wanders to the negative, the fears, the downside whatevers. Getting things done is another trap to avoid. Where is it written we have to get things done??? When fighting pain or fatigue, in my book, just getting thru the day with peace is very good. So… relax… it's OK to just get your homework done even if that's ALL you get done. It's OK. It's OK. It's OK. Give yourself permission to choose a priority and work toward accomplishing that. It will give you a good sense of accomplishment. Let everything else just wait. It WILL wait, if you let it. Now, dear one, rise up in your faith (which is really Jesus' own faith in you which He wants you to depend upon) and RELAX. Give yourself permission to RELAX. I'm talking emotionally. Agree with yourself it's ok for you to be you just as you are, and to do what you are capable of doing today, and leave the rest for later, 'gater. I will be literally HOPING for you, and with you. We're in your corner. You'll make friends here, so come here as often as you can. HUGE hugs for now… Hopie

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA April 28, 2012 at 9:35 am   

Tina,

This is so fantastic. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us. I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

Gary

• marieanne
    marieanne April 23, 2012 at 11:53 pm   

Hi Dear1, & welcome to AC. I am glad that you found us here & shared
    this beautiful post with us. This is especially welcome here where so many
    struggle every day with Chronic illness & Chronic pain. Thank you & Hugs,
    marieanne

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar