Right leg, knee and hip is in pain, can not sleep at night

By pixsidust Latest Activity April 6, 2012 at 9:24 am Views 1,877 Replies 5

pixsidust

My entire right leg is in pain with area's of concentration
at the hip under my thigh, my right groan and under my knee.
The knee cap also hurts but the underside aches and hurts.
I can not stand the pain to sit very long even on an Ortho gel seat cushion
with a gel cushion on top. I went to three months of physical therapy and an Ortho doctor to no avail and have lost my insurance.
Any ideas??? Any one have this experience? I really hurt!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Sheri26
    Sheri26 June 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm   

I have fibromyalgia and arthritis, I have been on many medicines, most leave you feeling out of it, not yourself. Worst one for me was Lyrica- I was in a fog, could not remember anything, don’t take it. My chiropractor recommends taking 250mg in morn, and evening of magnesium (it is a vitamin, won’t hurt you), he also recommends relaxing in a bathtub of Epson Salt, about one cup. I buy Epson salts by the case; it is cheaper at the dollar store here. So relaxing and it helps with the pain, I would not make it through the day without my magnesium and Epson Salts. Good luck.
    The medicines you are taking did not help me, only make me sick, I have to be careful taking medicines because of my stomach problems, the magnesium has been a Godsend for me.

• myChazown
    myChazown April 7, 2012 at 6:23 pm   

This feels like a doctor grade ouch, sorry to hear your struggling. I have something sort of similar but it's in my right calf. I'm doing the common sense stuff like stretching it for over a minute at a time, ice / heat, warm baths, self massage with a tennis ball at the muscle insertion point and practicing prayer with deep breathing cuz I hold stress in my muscles like no tomorrow. Hope relief comes your way soon!

• pixsidust
    pixsidust April 13, 2012 at 8:48 am   

I will try it all, thanks

• acebass
    acebass April 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm   

I'm no pro, but I do have experience with this. I think I know know what the problem is. One question - Is your right thigh alot smaller than your left?

Let me know and I might have a suggestion.

Your Pal,

Rob
    Ace of Baseness

• pixsidust
    pixsidust April 8, 2012 at 7:22 pm   

no it is not. I have had this problem just in the last 6-7 months but more pronounced in the last few weeks

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar