Betaduo Injectable

By Palm Princess Latest Activity January 15, 2012 at 10:52 am Views 2,918 Replies 17 Likes 2

Palm Princess

I recently learned of a drug being used in Latin Americal countries (not approved in Canada or the USA yet, that doesn't make it any more dangerous than anything else, just cheaper :S ). It's used to treat everything from allergies to RA. Anyway, one of my friends is on it. One shot every 4 to 6 weeks and she sees tremendous improvement within very little time and with very few but tolerable side effects. Calls it her miracle drug. Nothing else has ever worked and it's enabled her to drop from a size 14 to an 8!!! No pain easier to exercise = happy healthier joints and you!

I know I am going to relocate just to try it and if it gives me back my life, then it will be well worth it…

Anyone else ever consider becoming an expat for health reasons?

What are your thoughts on unapproved drugs?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (17 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • ABBY19
    ABBY19 March 6, 2012 at 7:33 am   

I live in Latin America and yesterday I visit the doctor pecause an inflamation in one of the fingers of my right hand. He recomended betaduo2, just one shot a the inflamation goes down about 80% just one night. Additional, all other pains like in the neck, back are very released. I feel very good.

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess March 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm   

Very awesome for you! If you could ask him what the long term side effects are and let us know that would be greatly appreciated. Two weeks I'll be in RD, and then after I find semi permanent home, I will be looking for a doctor. Thanx!

• Anonymous
    Anonymous March 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm   

Each person reacts different to medication. I have a meeting with him on Monday and will ask about. Regards

• Holly3
    Holly3 February 9, 2012 at 12:22 am   

I live in San Diego so I hear all the time about people going across the border for medicines and treatments not approved by the FDA. I have never heard of a positive outcome from any of these so-called miracle treatments but I have known people who have gotten themselves in dangerous medical situations because of these drugs.

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess February 10, 2012 at 12:05 am   

Absolutely, that's why I'm researching :).

• NewEnglandGuy
    NewEnglandGuy January 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm   

I did a bit of research on this,it's corticosteroid,similar to prednisone.Long term use can cause numerous very serious side effects.It's manufactured and marketed in Columbia.Sure it will probably relieve your pain short term but like prednisone it does not slow the progression of the disease and too much too long will only add to your woes.I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole…just my 2 cents.

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess January 22, 2012 at 11:53 pm   

What are the side effects that you found, please if you can, provide a link. Because of previous medical conditions I am limited to what I can take, all I can actually take is plaquenil.

• NewEnglandGuy
    NewEnglandGuy January 23, 2012 at 4:57 am   
    Edited January 23, 2012 at 8:02 am by NewEnglandGuy

It's Betamethasone. Like all high potency drugs there are many potential side effects and like prednisone long term use can prevent your body from producing natural steroids.You would need blood monitoring on a regular basis for safety reasons.http://www.drugs.com/cdi/betamethason...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&a...

I don't know where you got your information about it not yet used in the USA.Unless it's slightly altered somehow overseas,but from what I read about it,it can be prescribed here.

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess January 25, 2012 at 12:06 am   

Yes, Betamethasone has been used for years. It's the Betaduo that I can't source out in US or Canada. This is not simple Betamethasone. From what I've learned it's a derivative. What the implications and mechanics are, that I don't know. That is what I want to know.

I found the same info from your second link, still doesn't really state the side-effects.

I read that it hadn't been approved by the FDA or the CDA. It is an injectable of the following two compounds:

Composition: BETADUO suspension is sterile aqueous injection containing in each ml, 5 mg of betamethasone dipropionate in the form of suspension and 2 mg betamethasone disodium phosphate in solution.

Separately, I have found them available, not both by injection. But as a duo injectable I have not found.

I have found next to no info on side effects. What I want to know is does it also lead to osteoporosis as prednisone does.

I have found that it doesn't cause the water retention that prednisone has.

And, this IS proceeding with caution. That's why I'm trying to find information.

• NewEnglandGuy
    NewEnglandGuy January 25, 2012 at 5:14 am   

I did read somewhere that Betamethasone dipropionate(which is marketed as Betaduo) has the same possible side effects as all corticosteroids such as prednisone, it falls into that category.If I find that link again I'll post it for you.

• NewEnglandGuy
    NewEnglandGuy January 18, 2012 at 9:04 pm   

I would proceed with caution.

• lovemy12baby
    lovemy12baby January 15, 2012 at 6:56 pm   

I have done alot of research Meds myself and have had good luck except one I had severe reactions to

• marieanne
    marieanne January 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm   

Good post Dear1, this does sound great. :) We (I believe) are all looking for
    something like this. I wonder why it takes so long to get here to us. Keep
    us posted on this, would you? Good luck to you. :) A few side effects-
    just know everyone's different, I would do some more research bf taking it,
    but, I always try to do that on anything new. You probably do, too. Hugs,
    marieanne

• Palm Princess
    Palm Princess January 15, 2012 at 11:32 am   

Spain likely has it and that will likely be the closest if you can't. Prominent in Spanish speaking countries, manufactured in Columbia.

• Bernio
    Bernio January 15, 2012 at 11:28 am   

Sorry just seen the heading, wonder if I can get it in uk!!

• Bernio
    Bernio January 15, 2012 at 11:27 am   

What's it called?

• Gam68
    Gam68 January 23, 2012 at 10:45 am   

Research extensively before taking.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar